Thursday, December 18, 2008

crazy busy

Ok...so Christmas really snuck up on me this year. I have never been so far behind in buying presents or decorating. Even the outside of our house only has lights on the roof....nothing in the yard to compete with the crazy display that our neighbors have going. I love looking out the window at their lights. Our Christmas tree is up but it is only half lit. Plus we have a new kitten and she climbs the tree everyday...and even sleeps inside of the thing. I have not shipped cards out yet and if I don't get them out by Friday (that's tomorrow) I really should give up on it. Anyway last night I asked our wonderful neighbor Lia if she could watch our kids for two hours while we went shopping for them. She of course was happy to help out (see why I love her). So at 6 we dropped them off and headed to Target first. All we found there was stocking stuffers. The store was crowded and there were only 3 lanes open to check out. I knew I had to bring my patients around this time of year with all the shopping going on but we only had two hours and Target was mostly a bust. Then we headed to Toys-r-us and they were having a two day sale (Tue-Wed)...lucky us. We had the most fun shopping that I have ever had in a store. We brought our Christmas cash with us and our shopping is not effecting our bank account. It was stress free shopping...if we wanted it for the kids we got it. We bought Toni a twin doll set that has a whole school theme to it. So the twins each have their own desks and homework. Toni gets to teach...she will love it. We also picked up a double stroller for her to push them around the house in. My girl loves to play dolls. (shhhhh so does Mikey). We bought Mikey a huge 18wheeler truck that holds 36 hot wheels in it and he can haul that everywhere. Also now that our kids are older and enjoy games we now have family game night. Thursday night is our choice because everyone is home...no meetings or church. We normally play simple card games or the memory games we have. Well....John and I went crazy on the game isle. We must have bought 8 games to play. From chutes and ladders to a kid game called Cooties. Everything was on sale so most the games were $4.49 a few games like UNO Attack were a little more but still great prices and I know family night is really going to be something cool in this new year. Our kids love playing the games with us and I would rather that then video games. Toni really does want a DS or a PSP but when I asked her if she would rather sit down with the family and play a new board game or the computer the family games won hands down. We still might get her a game system for her birthday but not for Christmas. Now I just need to wrap all the gifts and get them up on our Christmas shelf for the kids to see and get excited about. Anyway....John and I had tons of fun this year shopping together with no kids. It was perfect. This has been the most stress free Christmas I have ever had in my grown up life. Now I just need to get those cards done and in the mail tomorrow LOL.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww... I'm so happy for you!

Aunt Toni said...

I put my first wrapped gift under the tree today, so don't feel bad. I got a few today that I will wrap. We are going to keep it simple this year. I am glad you have a game night with the kids. That's a near lost tradition. TV and video games have divided families. Good for you.

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like such fun. You all are doing so good. I am so proud of you. You go girl and have a lot of fun. I miss you and love you and your sweet little family so much. Momma